The Wisdom in Rewiring your Brain
I read a book over 30 years ago that was called “To Think is to Create.” It addressed the power of the mind, long before the new leading-edge research in neuroscience.
The advances in neuroscience clearly support the fact that our brain can reshape itself, it is called neuroplasticity. Our brains are not fixed … we can empower ourselves to create new brain cells in order to achieve our full potential. We can make lasting positive changes in our relationships, career/finances, and physical and emotional health. We are not stuck! It simply takes a willingness to shift our perceptions and set goals with healthy habits that move us forward. Living with a prosperity mindset is about thriving in all areas of your life!
Do you know how much power you have to shift your mindset and rewire your brain? If you were looking in the mirror, what facial expression would you see in any given moment? Mad, sad, or glad? How do you see things in your life, as they are or as you are?
Life Coaching is all about supporting and facilitating the rewiring of your brain to guide you to a prosperity mindset. Once you connect with a certified professional coach, commit to a new story for your life, you can conquer and overcome obstacles to get what you say you really want.
According to Shawn Achor, who was trained at Harvard by some of the pioneers of Positive Psychology, “we can retrain our brains to spot patterns of possibility, so we can see and seize opportunities wherever we look.”
Here are 5 dynamic elements to make lasting changes:
- Self-awareness (be mindful) – Be self-aware and stay mindful of how you think and express yourself, to interrupt your negative thinking and behavior patterns.
- Recognition (recognize how you sabotage yourself) – Once you recognize the negative triggers in your life, the sabotages at play, stop yourself and consider, am I fighting, freezing, fainting or taking flight?
- Grounding (affirm yourself) – Stop, take a few deep breaths and in the moment affirm yourself with a short statement, “Even though I am thinking negatively, I forgive myself.”
- Self-regulation (taking a different action) – By being willing to take a different responsible action, and not reacting to the negative trigger, you are rewiring your brain and building on your strengths.
- Recalibration (rethinking along the way) – Once we set a goal with steps, adjustments often must be made along the way. It takes a shift in our mindset … in any given moment.
Do you need a NEW prosperity mindset or money story? Join me to see how changing your mindset could powerfully change your life.
Gloria Manchester, ICF-ACC is President of Leadership Education Action Programs (LEAP), a Prosperity and Lifestyle Coach, Bestselling Author, Personality Science Facilitator, Specialty-Certified New Money Story® Mentor Coach, Creator of Prosperity IQ (PIQ)™, a certified Conversational Intelligence® Coach, and ExotericLiving Coach.